How can I add a Friend
- On a mapview, open right side menu -> tap plus-icon -> tap "Tracker live" -> enter "Share name" and an observer "Password" (your friend can provide the share name and password needed for this)
How can I add a Dog 1. (for a dog GPS device that has never used with Tracker live -service before)
- On a mapview, open right side menu -> tap plus-icon -> tap "Register a new GPS device"
- You get 3 options here and first 2 "Read with bar code reader" and "Enter serial number" are used with new GPS devices that have never used with Tracker live -service before. The last option "Enter phone number" is for GPS devices made before 2013 and are not "Tracker Easy" series GPS devices.
- You'll find the barcode (or QR-code) needed for this, from GPS device package or attach to the GPS device with a sticker
- Once these steps are done, the GPS device is now registered to Tracker live -service and has it's own share name saved to Tracker live -service.
How can I add a dog 2. (for a dog GPS device that already has an excisting Tracker live -service registration)
- On a mapview, open right side menu -> tap plus-icon -> tap "Tracker live" -> enter "Share name" and "Password"
- If it's not your GPS device, then add it with an observer password and owner password if it is your own GPS device
- Using an owner password gives you a full admin rights to adjust all settings for the GPS device etc. (these share name and passwords needed for this, you can get from the owner of the GPS device)
How can I add a POI "Point of Interest" or a Navigation marker?
- You can follow these instructions
If you're adding a B-bark GPS device, read these instructions
If you're adding an Ultracom GPS device, read these instructions
In case you run into trouble (of any sort) it's always a good thing to make sure the application on your phone has the latest updates installed (use these instructions) and also that the GPS device has the latest software updates installed (use these instructions)
All GPS devices made prior to 2013 need to be sent to Tracker Service (maintenance) for software updates and these older GPS devices cannot use OTA (Over the Air) updates via internet
If you're not able to add a Friend
1.The Share name or Password used, might be wrong
- Ask your friend to open right side menu by tapping the lower right corner icon in mapview or swipe the screen from right to the middle
- From opening right side menu, tap -> "Own position" -> Tap the name "Own position" (not the icon)
- From opening menu, your friend can check "Share name" and "Password" and see what's the correct wording, upper and lower cases used for letters etc. for "Hunter" (upper case "H") and "hunter" (lower case "h") are two different share names
- Ask your friend also make sure the option "Observing allowed" has its slider green (active)
If you're not able to add a Dog
1. If the dog GPS device is new and has never been used (registered) with Tracker live -service
- If reading the barcode with your phone's camera is not working or gives an error, try selecting "Enter serial number" and enter IMEI-code numbers manually (these numbers are written just below the Barcode)
- If the registration still fails, contact Tracker Support or send us a Support request if you encounter some unexpected problems or error messages etc. so that we can give you more detailed instructions
2. If the dog GPS device has been previously registered to Tracker live -service, but the share name or password wont work
- If it's not your GPS device, then ask the owner to open right side menu -> "All targets" -> tap the name for this dog GPS device (not the icon)
- From opening menu, your friend can check "Share name" and "Password" and see what's the correct wording, upper and lower cases used for letters etc. for "Dog" (upper case "D") and "dog" (lower case "d") are two different share names
Other possible reasons:
1. The application on your phone doesn't have internet connection to Tracker live -service
This doesn't necessarily mean that the phone or other applications wouldn't have an access to internet, but a single app like Tracker App might still have restricted or no access to internet. While other apps might work ok:
- Security apps or security settings could be blocking the access, app permissions might have changed, there could be restrictions for data usage per app, power management settings per app, possible restrictions for background processes for data connection for all or for a single app, what the phone does when the screen powers down or if you don't touch the screen for a while (screensaver, powersaver etc.) all these reasons might contribute to the problem
- Most mobile devices nowdays are just used, but very rarely powered off completely, so one thing that might help is to switch off power completely. Wait for a moment. Then switch power back on.
- Quite often you see devices that when you press the power button it doesn't switch off the device immediatly, but instead displayes a selection of other options as well and one might accidently select an Airplain-mode or Quiet-mode etc. or disconnect mobile data for the device etc.
2. Application doesn't have a valid license: the annual or 24hrs license has expired
- When adding a new target or using excisting ones, it requires access to Tracker live -service and that won't work if the application has its license expired
- You can check this by following these instructions of how to renew your annual or 24hrs Tracker live -service license