How can I add a Dog (for a dog GPS device that has never used with Tracker live -service before)
- On a mapview, open right side menu -> tap plus-icon -> tap "Register a new GPS device" (bar code / phone number) or "Tracker Easy" (QR-code for Tracker Easy -devices)
- You get 3 options here and first 2 "Read with bar code reader" and "Enter serial number" are used with new GPS devices that have never used with Tracker live -service before. The last option "Enter phone number" is for GPS devices made before 2013 and are not "Tracker Easy" series GPS devices.
- You'll find the barcode (or QR-code) needed for this, from GPS device package or attach to the GPS device with a sticker
- Once these steps are done, the GPS device is now registered to Tracker live -service and has it's own share name saved to Tracker live -service.
If the GPS device's SIM card has been replaced
In that case, the Tracker GPS device does not necessarily need to be re-registered, but the excisting Tracker Live -service registration needs to be updated with new phone number + carrier name and APN settings
Tracker Easy GPS devices manufactured after 2013 will automatically update the changed phone number for Tracker Live registration
In this case, there's no need to contact Tracker support and the GPS device will be ready for use after a short wait
If it is not a Tracker Easy GPS device made after 2013
Then follow these instructions
When GPS device's previous Tracker Live registration has been deleted
GPS devices manufactured before 2013
- Open the App and tap the button in the lower right corner of the map view or swipe from the right side of the screen to the center of the map
- Tap the plus-sign at the bottom of the opening side menu ("Targets" -menu)
- Tap "Register a new GPS device"
- Select "Enter phone number" and follow the on-screen instructions
This following information is needed as you proceed with the new Tracker Live -service registration:
- Phone number (international format, starting with +358 and omitting the first zero of the phone number)
- Name (this will be the display name of the device on the map)
- Device type (check the make / model marked on the device cover and select the correct one from the list)
- Country and carrier (this is information related to the phone number used)
- Share name (this is the identifier used for the device in the Tracker Live -service and it cannot be edited later)
- Owner password (this is required to start/stop tracking or change the settings used for Tracker GPS device)
- Viewer's password (this + share name can be given to your friend who wants to track your Tracker GPS device)
GPS devices manufactured after 2013
If the software for such a GPS device is up-to-date and the device is then unregistered from Tracker Live service, either by the owner or at owner's request by Tracker Technical Support, the next time you switch power on for the GPS device:
- It checks the Tracker Live service for an existing registration
- If the registration has been deleted, the previously used data will no longer excist
- Then a new registration in the Tracker Live service is automatically created for such a Tracker Easy collar
- Then take note of the IMEI used by the collar, i.e. the serial number starting with 35xxxx used by the device
- Open the "Targets" -menu -> Tap the Plus sign -> Tap: "Register a new GPS device" -> Tap: "Enter serial number"
- Then follow the on-screen instructions and enter the information required for registration