Possible reasons for Tracker Live -service position updates data interruptions are:
1. The GSM or GPS signal on the GPS device is weak
- When the GPS device in question is set as the target to be displayed, then at the bottom of the App's map view you can open target's "Status" -menu by taking a hold of it's name-bar and draggin it up and open with your finger and it will show GPS, Power and Telephone network as well as the used telephone network mode (e.g. GSM)
2. The A-GPS update for the GPS device is not on or has failed
- Restart the GPS device. After rebooting, the GPS device will try to load A-GPS data, which will help the GPS device find its place faster.
3. The GPS device is in power save mode
- If it appears that the GPS device only switches on occasionally, it may be in power save mode.
- Set the GPS device to full power: In "Targets" -menu, tap the item name -> Select: "Power"> "Full power"
- Newer GPS device use the "Tracker Smart" -feature, where you get the same result using a position update frequency of less than <15sec (more information can be found here)
You can also use the playback timeline of the tracked GPS device to determine whether the connection break was between the GPS device and the Tracker Live -service or between the Tracker App on and the server.
- If the connection break is also visible in the GPS device's playback timeline -> the problem has been with the GPS device's connection to Tracker Live -service
- If the connection break doesn't show up in the GPS device's playback timeline -> there was a problem with your Tracker App's connection to Tracker Live -service
For App connectivity issues on your phone:
iOS - What should I do if the Tracker Live service doesn't work?
Android - What should I do if the Tracker Live service doesn't work?