The Tracker App zooms in slightly on the map by default, and you can also zoom in and out on the map when ever needed
On some phones, the device's own zoom function on the screen may also blur the screen image, so please check that this is not the cause for the map to look blurry.
In most cases, zooming out of the map will resolve the issue:
- Pinch the screen in mapview with two fingers and repeat as many times as necessary to zoom out (or until the zoom stops)
- To zoom out on the map, tap the minus-button on the right side of the map as many times as necessary to zoom out (or until the zoom stops)
Especially if the mapview shows nothing but one colored background, it may be that the Map view has been zoomed so close and large with either the App's buttons (or using the device screen zoom) that nothing other than the map background color is displayed on the screen.
If the background color of the map seems so dark that no other details are properly visible through it, two hunting areas in the same location might have been selected to be shown on map at the same time and the background colors of both overlap:
When the cause of the problem is the background coloring of one or more overlapping hunting areas
- Open the menu on the left side of the App, either by tapping on the button in the lower left corner or swiping from the left edge of the screen towards the center of the screen
- In the menu that opens, tap: "Map options" and then in the menu that opens, under "Additional layers" you can select which hunting areas are shown on the map and you can tap the slider in gray for the areas you want out of the mapview
- At the bottom of the same menu there is a button "More layers" from which you can define more precisely which properties of the selected hunting area are shown on the map and you can choose, for example, whether "Normal coloring" or "Reverse coloring" is used, etc.
The area that is causing these problems may also be shared with you through the Tracker Group
- If the "Map options" menu and its settings were not helpful, it may be that the area in question comes through one of the Tracker Groups
- Open the menu on the right side of the app, either by tapping on the button in the lower right corner or swiping from the right edge of the screen towards the center of the screen
- Tap "All targets"
- From here, tap the Group's own tab at the top of the menu to open it
- You'll see a green slider that you can tap to gray, to temporarily unsubscribe from the Group (does not delete or remove the Group from your "Targets"-list, but only disables Group's targets and other items to be shown on the map)
- At this point, turn off subscriptions for all Groups, i.e. targets of a Group in question, will not be shown on the map. Do this to every group you have subscribed
- If this fixed the problem, the area in question was shared with you through a group
- Open the tab of that group in the "All targets"-menu -> tap Group name -> tap the name of the area displayed in the group items (not the icon, but the name) and from the menu that opens, you can select the appropriate color for the area border and background color or choose no background color to be used at all