Tracker Map Planner is a web service used to create map designs
With an easy-to-use program, you pre-design maps on your computer and transfer the created map designs to your phone's Tracker App
To use the service, you need:
You can use "Oma Riista" areas or markings from your phone, for example, as a basis for Tracker Map Planner maps
With Tracker Map Planner, you can draw the areas or lines you want and any necessary map markings
You will immediately see the map design in your phone app and you can also share them with your Tracker groups
Tracker Map Planner web service can not be used to track friends/dogs via Tracker Live -service
What is needed for your computer's web browser:
- In the address bar of your computer's web browser, type: planner.tracker.fi
- Open the website for Tracker Map Planner
- If you want to change the language used by Tracker Map Planner, you can do so at this point by tapping the flag image above the QR code and then selecting your preferred language from the drop-down menu that opens.
What is needed in the Tracker application on your phone:
- Launch Tracker Hunter 6 App on your phone
- Open the left side menu of the application
- At the end of the menu that opens, tap: "Settings"
- From the menu that opens, tap: "Tracker Map Planner"
- Allow the app to use your phone's camera if prompted
- Then read the QR code displayed on the Tracker Map Planner login page with your phone's camera
You will be notified on your computer's web browser that the login was successful
Tracker Map Planner opens a view asking you to create your first map template
From this point on, follow the instructions and other information displayed on the screen, when using Tracker Map Planner
If you own a valid license for the Ultracom application in addition to the Tracker license, you can tap the icon in the upper right corner of the Tracker Map Planner and merge both accounts
You can only merge your Tracker and Ultracom accounts only once, and you can't brake or undo that link between these merged account afterwards
Once your Tracker and Ultracom accounts are merged, you can share the map template you save in Tracker Map Planner and synchronize it to the Tracker app you own, as well as to the Ultracom app you own
- Tap the 3points-icon at the top of the left column of the map design
- Select: "Control visibility"
- You can then select from the available Tracker or Ultracom groups to share the map design with
- Open the map design you've created in MapPlanner
- Tap the 3points-icon at the top of its left side menu
- Select: "Share Editing Rights"
- This will create a link that you can send to your friend
The link is only valid for 24 hours
Please note that ownership of the original map design will remain with the person who created it, even if you have temporarily assigned editing rights to another person for a limited period of 24 hours
If you want to use a map designed by someone else for your own purposes, you can copy it if the owner of that map design in question has granted you editing rights to it
- Open the Home screen of the Tracker Map Planner and tap the red plus-sign in the lower right corner
- Give your map a name
- Open the "New design basis" -menu and select "Copy an excisting map design"
- Then open the menu "Choose the design to copy" and select the map design shared with You, for which you have editing rights for 24 hours
Please note that the map design you copied will then be treated as a separate map and completely independent of the original map design from which that copy was taken
This means that you can edit this copy you have taken and even share it, for You have now the ownership for the copy that You've made
Web browser and security reminders:
If there was a long enough login delay, you will be notified of a login failure on your computer's web browser and a request to refresh the page to start logging in process from the beginning
If the web browser you are using on your computer has security or ad-blocking plugins, they may prevent the use of some menus, features or pop-up windows while using the planner.tracker.fi
Your computer's web browser also displays a notification that the location is being used, and you can deny or allow the location to be used. Disabling access to a location does not prevent you from using Tracker Map Planner