This applies to situations where the device is not responsive to commands or switching power on/off doesn't work.
Then You can proceed as follows:
- Attach Artemis to its power charger
- While attached to the charger, keep the ON/OFF power switch pressed for 1sec
- Then release the ON/OFF power switch
- Once Artemis has restarted, test how it works
If Artemis is able to connect to Tracker Live -service, even momenteraly, you can call or send a Support Request to Tracker tech.support and they see if they could give assistance in such cases. Call or send a Support request.
If Artemis is not able to connect Tracker Live -service at all, so that there is no means to get any connection through to the Artemis GPS device, then Tracker tech.support is not able to help in such cases and customer should contact directly Tracker Kempele Service / Maintenance for further assistance, or by sending a Service request
Due to the precautions, Tracker Artemis can sometimes start when connected to the charger.
The precaution is activated to prevent the device from unplanned shutdown in some cases, such as:
- due to the sudden run-out of power when the battery voltage drops in cold weather and poor coverage.
- or if the last running state cannot be read from memory while it gets power.
It is advisable for the user to check whether the device remains on when the charger is removed. If it remains, it must be switched off by the on/off switch if user wants to leave device in shutdown state.
When you get position updates from Artemis's collar via Tracker Live service, i.e. data connection between Artemis and internet is ok:
- The name of the target (in this case Artemis) is shown at the bottom of the map view
- Grab that target's name with your finger and drag the target's status information menu up and fully open
- At the bottom of this pop-up menu, there's an "Voice clip" button (see pic at "More information" section below)
- Tap that "Sample Audio" button to start recording and a second time to stop recording
- An icon will appear on the map, which you can tap to listen to the audio sample and also share it
- The audio sample is also saved as part of the target's playback file on Tracker Live -service
Usually Artemis' external antenna can be replaced or tightened without special tools
The antenna can be unscrewed with your own hands and also tightened in place with the same way
If necessary, you can order a new antenna from your local Tracker Retailer
If you notice that manual tightening does not feel sufficient or the antenna has become loose during use:
1. Tighten by hand and mark the tightening point with a line across the joint (white line in the picture below)
2. Tighten a further 5mm, eg with locking pliers, holding point (a) and a apply sufficient torque of approx. 60 cNm
The Artemis battery is not charging or the battery charge % is not displayed correctly:
- If you have a problem charging Artemis, contact some other Artemis owner in your hunting club who has a charger known to work ok, to rule out the possibility of a faulty charger. You can also test another outlet/socket and check externally if there's any dirt / rubbish etc gone inside the charger's charging plug.
- Check for debris, dirt or damaged / warped pin under the Artemis' charging cover
- If the battery charge % is not displayed properly. That is, if the Artemis battery is fully charged, but e.g. battery charge % does not exceed 10% -> The device can be used for the battery or Artemis is not broken, but the fault itself can only be fixed by sending Artemis for service
It usually takes 6-8 hours to fully charge an Artemis battery. If the device battery is completely discharged, the first indicator usually is that there's no LED-lights lit at all.
If that's the case, then let the device stay in the charger for 2 hours and then disconnect Artemis from the charger for a while and plug it in again.
Then the LED-lights should be lit normally and device continues to charge the battery as usual
Artemis doesn't give position updates:
- Check that the Artemis' service time has not run out. You can check this from Tracker App, in the device's own settings menu
- From the Artemis' own settings menu, select: "Restart the device"
- From the Artemis' own settings menu, enable the internal antenna (if problems occurred while using the external antenna)
- Use 15sec or faster tracking frequency (then the device's own power saving mode will not interfere with Artemis)
- Are there any bite marks or other damage to the antenna? -> You can order a new antenna from the Tracker online store as a spare part
- If by externally examined the Artemis appears to be OK -> Then is it only one user that is experiencing the problems or each and everyone who tries to track this particular Artemis?
- If only one user is experiencing the problem, check that the Tracker app is up to date, the app is online, the app has a valid license and that You're able to download maps, and other dogs can be tracked, etc. and if all those previously mentioned are ok, then try removing this Artemis from targets-list and then add back again, but if that doesn't help, then contact Tracker techsupport for further assistance
Artemis' barking alarm (bark counter) or sound clip doesn't work:
- If the sound of the sound clip is broken or distorted: Check that the collar is not too tight around the dog's neck
- If Artemis does not pick up the barking correctly (or not at all) and does not draw a barking trace on the map -> Test, if Artemis can record a sound sample? If the audio sample is recorded without any problems, the device's microphone is OK -> Adjust the bark detection sensitivity
- If the device is used with a vest/harness, first thing You could try is to set the sensitive setting for bark detection to max (to the most sensitive). If the device does not register barks at all and there is nothing in the recorded audio sample: Contact Tracker Technical Support
- If you still have problems with the bark counter or sound sample, even after the above steps have been performed and you have also contacted Tracker Technical Support -> Then: Contact Tracker Service/Maintenance
- If the dog's barking sound is more special and the problem isn't directly on the device but in the dog's voice, then you can record the dog's barking for a while and send that sound sample to Tracker's technical support, who can forward it to Tracker R&D department for further investigation.
If the malfunction is severe or the device doesn't work at all:
- Switch off the device by pressing the power button and wait approx. 10 minutes and then switch on the Artemis again and test how it works
- Check the casing of the device for damage (bite marks, cracks, etc.) -> If there is, the watertightness of the device is compromised: Send the device for service
- If no LED-lights are on and the device does not respond to any commands -> Connect the Artemis to the charger and leave it in the charger for 6h. Then turn on the power normally and test the operation of the device. If the problem still persists -> Send the device for service